Monday, August 10, 2015

S'mores Ice Cream Sandwiches | Pink Paislee

(disclaimer: This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of lillylanephoto. I do receive financial compensation and products from American Crafts to develop certain blog posts, but all of the ideas and opinions are my own.)

Hello!!

Today's post is really fun.  I got the opportunity to start playing with the new Cedar Lane collection from Pink Paislee.  This kit is seriously my new favorite.  It reminds me of all the things I love about fall.  

One of those things being s'mores by the fire.  Of course with it still being summer and way too hot for a fire, I did the next best thing.  I made graham cracker cookies and s'mores ice cream.  Together they are almost as good as the real thing.



I started with the cookies.  They are from a recipe for actual homemade graham crackers that I found HERE.  Knowing I was wanting to make ice cream sandwiches out of them, I cooked them about a minute less so they would be a little softer.  I didn't want them to be too crunchy.  The dough is very sticky so you really have to make sure you use the parchment to roll them out.  I tried doing it with a little flour over but it made a mess.  

Now for the ice cream.  I use the very simple no churn recipe from Kevin and Amanda to make my ice cream.  I don't have the patience to use my machine.  It requires ice, salt and a lot of time.  This recipe works and is so quick.  Find the recipe HERE.  
My add ins were a Hershey bar that I rough chopped, marshmallows cut with scissors coated in powdered sugar and some of the graham cookies crumbled up.  Kaitlyn had a ball crumbling the cookies for me.  There is something about destroying things that makes her very happy.  haha

Of course once everything was ready for the sandwiches I had to make them pretty.  Because what is a sandwich without a wrapper. 
I wrapped each sandwich in a thin piece of parchment paper first.  The first one I cut was used as a template for the other pieces of parchment and then the papers.  Mine were ten inches long.  The papers were cut at 2" x 10" for the bottom papers and the top layer were 1.5" x 10".  Yours may be different if your sandwiches are larger or smaller.
The labels were created in Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop.  I used a free vector download from HERE and edited it to the right colors and text.  

This is the final product.  



Just look at that pretty pink paper.  And the woodgrain is perfection.



The washi strips in this collection are my fave.   




Of course I had to eat one.  Or two...maybe.  They were delicious!



 If you want to see more of the Cedar Lane collection head on over to the Pink Paislee blog to have a look at the highlights of this kit.  It is amazing.  



No comments:

Post a Comment